The 14th World Stroke Congress will bring the latest science, clinical trials and guidelines to
stroke prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and support, from every part of the globe.
- Should intra-arterial thrombolysis be considered following mechanical thrombectomy with suboptimal recanalization?
- Mechanical thrombectomy for patients with large infarcts (Aspects 3-5), Yay or Nay?
- Is perfusion imaging for decision making for reperfusion treatment in patients with large vessel obstruction in the late time window essential or not worth the hassle?
- Low-dose alteplase for stroke thrombolysis- is the clinical role defined?
- Should patients on a direct oral anticoagulant within the last 48 hours be excluded from thrombolysis, or should testing and reversal be considered?
- A single covert brain infarction – an incidental finding or opportunity for prevention?
- Should double antiplatelet be given routine for a short period for all non-AF ischemic stroke patients? (DAPT)?
- Which is the better strategy for primary and secondary stroke prevention- Tailored to the individual or use of polypill concept?
- Is medical treatment enough for patients with asymptomatic severe cervical carotid stenosis?
- Left atrial appendage closure is the main treatment option for patients with AF who has a stroke despite optimal anticoagulation? anticoagulant?
Stroke in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Pathophysiology and outcomes of stroke associated with COVID-19 infection
- Impact of COVID-19 on stroke care- early experience from the breakout in Wuhan
- Hyperacute recanalization stroke treatments in COVID-19 patients
- Stroke rehabilitation in a pandemic – Limitations and opportunities
Diagnostic and Predictive Biomarkers in Stroke and Cognitive Impairment
- The role of biomarkers in acute stroke management
- Biomarkers to guide secondary stroke prevention
- Biomarkers of high-risk carotid and intracranial atherosclerosis
- Biomarkers and the risk of dementia
Latest approaches to ICH management
- Comparison of 2022 ICH guideline: ESO and AHA/ASA
- Latest data on blood pressure management in ICH
- Advances in neurosurgical ICH approaches
- Recent issues of oral anticoagulant associated ICH
- Anticoagulation after ICH – considerations for patients with AF, cerebral microbleeds and others
Advance in Intracranial Artery Stenosis (ICAS) and Clinical Practice
- Stroke syndromes and mechanisms related to ICAS
- Advances in imaging for ICAS
- Hyperacute treatment for stroke-related to ICAS
- Secondary prevention for stroke secondary to ICAS
Retrieving the clot – achieving the task
- Aspiration versus Stent Retriever Thrombectomy – When to use which?
- How clot imaging could help thrombectomy?
- Thrombectomy-resistant large vessel obstruction stroke- tricks and tips
- Adjunctive Intra-arterial thrombolysis optimizing reperfusion
New Avenues for Secondary stroke prevention
- Factor XIa inhibition: what is the rational in context of secondary stroke prevention
- Lp(a) a new potentially treatable target in secondary stroke prevention
- Intensive lipid control and tighter target levels for secondary stroke prevention
- Anti-inflammatory targets for secondary stroke prevention
Updates on stroke primary and secondary prevention
- Antiplatelets including role of dual antiplatelet therapy
- Anticoagulation and device therapy for structural heart disease
- Carotid disease- medical management and carotid intervention
- Blood pressure control: Is intensive lowering necessary?
Disparities in stroke epidemiology and care
- Stroke in Women: What we all should know in 2022
- Racial and ethnic disparities in stroke: novel insights
- Digital health innovations to reduce inequities in stroke
- Impact of country and region economic status
Hyper-acute therapies of ischemic stroke
- Intravenous thrombolysis prior to mechanical thrombectomy- a critical review of the evidence
- Lesson learnt from meta-analysis of RCT for thrombolysis and mechanical thrombectomy
- Intravenous thrombolysis prior to mechanical thrombectomy: Application in the real world.
Joint Session with World Health Organization (WHO) – Salient Considerations for Implementation of interventions for reducing the global burden of stroke.
- Policy and Pragmatic Solutions to improve global surveillance of stroke and its risk factors
- Policy and Pragmatic Solutions to improve Primary and Secondary Prevention of stroke
- Policy and Pragmatic Solutions to improve hyperacute and acute stroke care
- Policy and Pragmatic Solutions to improve rehabilitation and re-integration of stroke survivors
- Discussion: Bringing these elements together for scaling up stroke prevention and control globally
Joint Session with World Federation of Neurology (WFN) – Challenges in Stroke Education
- Challenges of stroke education in African- WFN needs registry
- Regional differences in stroke education, training, and awareness
- World Stroke Academy Activities and Special Projects
- The Future Stroke Leaders programme
- Family centred post stroke education: primary and secondary prevention.
Joint Session with World Hypertension League (WHL) – The Global Use of Stroke as an Indicator of Population Hypertension Control
- Stroke and Hypertension Outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Stroke and Hypertension Outcomes in Brazil and South America
- Stroke and Hypertension Outcomes in Asia
- Roadmap and overall global plan for hypertension
Joint Session with Chinese Stroke Association (CSA) – Reperfusion strategies for stroke
Advances of Tenecteplase treatment for reperfusion
- TRACE trials: Tenecteplase reperfusion therapy in acute ischemic cerebrovascular events I, II, and III
- Automated stroke perfusion evaluation software
- A topic on endovascular therapy (title pending)
Joint Session with The Association of Southeast Asian Nations Neurological Association (ASNA) – Stroke patterns and issues in Asian
- Stroke and infections
- Thrombolysis and small vessel disease
- Clopidogrel resistance in secondary stroke prevention
- Radiation associated carotid disease