Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award application is linked to the abstract submission system.
Abstract submission for WSC 2022 will open in February 2022.
Award winners will receive a notification in June 2022.
Who is eligible?
- Young physicians aged 40 or less on October 28, 2021 may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies*
*For World Bank Country Classification: COUNTRIES
What does the award consist of?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a pre-selected hotel
- US $700 travel grant (transferred after the Congress)
- Award Certificate after the Congress
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2022
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Awardees’ information is to be published on the Congress website
- Abstract submission can be done via the website
- Submission of the abstract online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory – Please upload these during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, Please complete the registration form via the link: