Young Investigator Awardees have been selected by the WSC 2023 Scientific Committee.
Notifications have been sent out to the awardees and applicants.
Who is eligible?
- Young physicians, allied health professionals and nurses; aged 40 or less on October 10, 2023 may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be a resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies according to the World Bank Country Classification.
- Up to 20 Young Investigators, will be selected as recipients for the award.
What does the award consist of?
- Complimentary registration for the Congress
- A link for complimentary registration will be provided.
- A maximum award of a $1000 USD stipend to be used towards your travel and accommodations expenses. Please note: Accommodations will need be arranged on an individual basis.
- Reimbursement for expenses will be provided post congress.
- Please keep your receipts. The receipts will need to be uploaded via a link that will be provided to you.
- Award Certificate after the Congress
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2023
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Awardees’ information is to be published on the Congress website
Abstract submission, for Young Investigator Award eligibility, is now closed.
- Abstract submission can be done via the website
- Submission of the abstract, online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory – Please upload this during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected based on abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, please complete the registration form here.