Who is eligible?
- Young physicians aged 40 or less on October 10, 2023 may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be a resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies according to the World Bank Country Classification.
What does the award consist of?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a pre-selected hotel and travel support (max USD 1000 for both)
- Award Certificate after the Congress
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2023
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Awardees’ information is to be published on the Congress website
Abstract submission opening soon!
- Abstract submission can be done via the website
- Submission of the abstract, online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory – Please upload this during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected based on abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, please complete the registration form here.