Young Investigator Award
The Young Investigator Award application is linked to the abstract submission system.
Abstract submission for WSC 2022 is now open. For guidelines and submission, please click here.
Abstract submission deadline: May 9, 2022.
Award winners will receive a notification in June 2022.
Who is eligible?
- Young physicians aged 40 or less on October 26, 2022 may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies*
*For World Bank Country Classification: COUNTRIES
What does the award consist of?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a pre-selected hotel and travel support (max USD 1000 for both)
- Award Certificate after the Congress
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2022
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Awardees’ information is to be published on the Congress website
- Abstract submission can be done via the website
- Submission of the abstract online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory – Please upload these during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, Please complete the registration form via the link: