Abstract Submission & Guidelines
Abstract Submission is Now Open!
Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 19 April 2023; Midnight CET (23:59)
Notifications regarding acceptance, presentation type and allocation in the program, will be sent by the end of June 2023.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online, via the website, only.
- Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person can present at the meeting on no more than 5 abstracts. Beyond 5 abstracts, another co-author must be identified as the presenting author.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication in the International Journal of Stroke (IJS).
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Congress publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other international meeting prior to the Congress.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the Congress website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin your abstract submission, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author’s contact details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables are included.
- Images – The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format. Please Note: images do not affect the word count. A maximum of 3 images can be uploaded for each abstract.
Preferred presentation type:
Please Note: All Oral Presentations are intended to be given in person, onsite, in Toronto.
- Oral Presentation
- E-poster viewing
After a blind review of the submitted abstracts, the Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted into the scientific program and for which presentation type. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference.
The abstract must be structured into the following sections as given in the template:
- Background and Aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD
Those that meet the criteria for a Young Investigator award will have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship during the abstract submission process. For more information, please click here.
To be considered for the Young Investigator Award, during the submission process you will need to:
- Attest that you meet the criteria to be considered for the Young Investigator Award.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport showing date of birth. This is mandatory.
- Upload proof of active WSO membership.
Please have these documents prepared when you submit your abstract. These documents must be uploaded during the submission process and will not be accepted by email.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to the World Stroke Organization and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract that does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.