Award application is now open. Please submit your application by
Monday, April 2, 2018 by filling out this form.
The Young Investigator Award application is linked to the abstract submission system.
Please go to this page to submit an abstract.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Young physicians aged 40 or less on October 17, 2018 (born after 1978) may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies*
*For World Bank Country Classification: COUNTRIES
WHAT DOES THE AWARD CONSIST OF?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights' accommodation in a pre-selected hotel
- US $700 travel grant (transferred after the Congress)
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2018
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Applicants receiving accommodation and registration support from any other source will not be eligible
- Awardees will provide banking details for transfer of travel grant. The transfer will only be made post congress
- Awardees' information is to be published on the Congress website and on a display board at the Congress
- Abstract submission can be done via the website.
- Submission of the abstract online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory - Please upload these during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Congress Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, Please complete the registration form via the link: