Testimonial Exhibition at the World Stroke Congress
We want to make sure that the voices of people affected
by stroke are heard throughout the Congress in an exhibition
of stroke survivor, family and caregiver testimonials.
The 11th World Stroke Congress will focus on the latest developments in stroke prevention, acute management and restorative care after stroke. Reducing the burden of stroke on people with lived experience and their family and care givers drives everything the World Stroke Organization does.
In previous years the visibility of people with lived experience of stroke has been promoted through art exhibitions, both physical and online, and a hobbies ebook.
In 2018 our exhibition will focus on the testimonials of people with lived experience of stroke.
We are calling on both stroke support organizations to gather testimonials from the people they work with, and on individuals to share their own testimonials, with the following brief:
150 words and include a digital portrait photo.
- Start with your name, nationality and your previous or current work or volunteer role
- When did you have your stroke and at what age?
- How did medical and allied professionals help you in your treatment and care?
- Who and what has helped in your recovery?
- Is there anyone you would like to thank?