The Young Investigator Award application will be linked to the abstract submission system.
*This refers to travel grants to the congress.
There are a limited number of grants available.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Young physicians aged 36 or less on October 17, 2018 (born after 1982) may apply to receive a scholarship
- Must be resident of a country classified with low-income and lower-middle-income economies*
*For World Bank Country Classification: COUNTRIES
WHAT DOES THE AWARD CONSIST OF?
- Registration Fees for the Congress
- 2 nights' accommodation in a pre-selected hotel
- US $500 travel grant (transferred after the Congress)
- Applicants must have an abstract accepted by the scientific committee of WSC 2018
- Applicants should be good standing (i.e. paid up) members of WSO
- Applicants receiving accommodation and registration support from any other source will not be eligible
- Awardees will provide banking details for transfer of travel grant. The transfer will only be made post congress
- Awardees information is to be published on the Congress website and on a display board at the Congress
- Abstract Submission can be made via the website.
- CLICK HERE to submit your abstract
- Submission of the abstract online together with a scanned copy of passport showing date of birth is mandatory - Please upload these during the abstract submission process
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Congress Program Committee
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the end of the early registration fee deadline
To register as a member of WSO, Please complete the registration form via the link: